Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Silver Collar: Out Today in the UK

Mathilde Madden

Where to begin telling you about my world of werewolves, witchcraft, weirdness and wanking? Perhaps with a little jargon.

The Institute of Paraphysiology A glossary of selected terms, jargon and classifications
Last Updated 19th October 2007 Blake Tabernacle, Senior Paraphysiologist
(*) indicates known lycan terms

Alpha – The leader of a group of werewolves
Ancient Beast – Powerful lycan believed to be one of the original werewolves
Cub – A werewolf infected by a particular wolf
Cub mater – A werewolf that attempts to turn humans into werewolves to gain sexual authority over them
Flip – To change from human to wolf, usually unexpectedly
Hound – Field term for a werewolf in wolf form
Line* – The werewolf hierarchy system
Lock Down – The controversial werewolf practise of trapping itself inside a cage, cell or room before full moon, to prevent it injuring others
Lone Wolf – A strong packless werewolf, usually an Ancient Beast
Lyc – A slang term for a werewolf. Taken from the formal classification system, Lyc-W1XX, Lyc-W2XX, Lyc-W1XY, Lyc-W2XY.
Lycan – A werewolf
Pack – A group of werewolves, who live and hunt together, usually linked by sire-cub bonds
Red – An Institute trained werewolf hunter
Sire – The wolf that infected a particular werewolf
Sniffers* – Humans turned on by lycanthropy
Stray – A young packless werewolf, usual a sire reject
Thrall* - The power a werewolf sire has over his cub
Vix* – Werewolf hunters
W1 – A werewolf in wolf form
W2 – A werewolf in human form
Weredog* – A werewolf that tries to do what humans want
Wolf close to the skin* – A werewolf with the ability to change into a wolf from minor or non-moonlight stimulus
WW – A werewolf
WXX – A female werewolf
WXY – A male werewolf



Buy The Silver Collar on Amazon UK. (USA pre-order - released Dec)

And but of course, there's a giveaway. I'm so excited about the release of the first book in my trilogy (Black Lace's first *ever*) that I'm posting for three days and giving away three prizes. Everyone who comments here or on my posts on Friday or Saturday will be eligible to win.

First prize is a copy of each of my Black Lace books Peep Show, Mad About the Boy and (the award winning) Equal Opportunities plus The Silver Collar - of course. (Especially good if you are not in the UK and looking at another two months to get your paws on my wolves!)

Two runners up will Also get a copies of The Silver Collar. Plus a bunch of lovely bookmarks featuring the painting of my main characters Iris and Alfie that you can see up the top of the page.

Just growl to be entered.

So much more tomorrow and on Sat - also snips and bits at my Silver Werewolves blog here

Painting of Iris and Alfie by the wonderful Pluto.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. WEREWOLVES.

I gotta get a closer look at this! :-D

Alison Tyler said...

werewolves, witchcraft, weirdness and wanking

Oh, my god! You just named W! How did you know W was for werewolves, witchcraft, weirdness and wanking? You're psychic, you are!

Congrats. Big time!
XXX,
AT

Eloise said...

Grrrrrrr

Sommer Marsden said...

Hmm. I am not awake and I just discovered my coffee has gone cold. And I am procrastinating wildly. But I love werewolves. Did I say love? I am obsessive. Congrats! First trilogy *ever*. That is quite an accomplishment :)

Grrr, by the way. I am not too proud to beg when it comes to lycans...
xoxo
Sommer

Janine Ashbless said...

Congrats, Mat!

Stacy S said...

Congrats on the release! It sounds great.

Janine Ashbless said...

But hey - I thought W was for Wellies? Has somebody misinformed me? Is my 7000-word opus on the joy of rubber rain-boots to go to waste?

Alison Tyler said...

Hmmm. I think W is for Wisecracks. Or maybe wiseass. Or, quite possibly, W is for “What the hell am I doing up?”

Alison Tyler said...

But wait... First t-shirt of the day!

Anonymous said...

Growl!

Great cover. I love it!

Vincent Copsey said...

Happy release day!

CrystalGB said...

I love werewolves. Congratulations on your new release.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new release! Please enter me in the contest! Grrr

Madeline Moore said...

Big congrats, Mat. Nothin' like launch day, eh? (said Madeline, betraying her Canadian roots.) I rec'd my author copy of 'Getting Even: Revenge Stories' and smelled my story, 'Hurting Hugh'. It's been awhile since I had the luxury of smelling a whole new novel of mine, though.

Gawd, Mat,I'm struck by this thought. If you wanted to, and I'm trembling here, just at the thought, if you wanted to and were able to control yourself (lock down?) you could wait until the release of the third book in the trilogy and then...and I'm salivating now, my fingers are getting too thick to type) yeah and then you could SMELL THE TRILOGY all at once. Three new books written by you, all at the same time? AWOOOOOOOOOO! Too freakin' much!

Megan Kerr said...

Right, that's it. I'm leaving Lust Bites. I'll rejoin as soon as I win my copy of The Silver Collar...

Grrrlllllaaarraahhhaaaa

Megan Kerr said...

(Sorry, I think my growl got bitten by a manic laugh and became a weird hybrid. But you like weird hybrids, don't you, Tilly?)

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. It's good to have the books finally here. I've only been talking about wolves on Lust Bites since it started.

I've been writing these books for over a year now. I'm wrapping up the final volume about now. It's strange to have a book come out while you are still writing the end of the story.

I am proud and happy. But mostly just overwhelmed...

Thanks again. Growl if you love werewolves.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read it!
-Sairy

Unknown said...

Cool!
Can't wait to read these!

Ally said...

Grrrooowwwlll...

I'm feeling a wee grrruff arrround the edges this morrrning, but what a grrreat way to starrrt the day Tilly. I have yet to rrread about werrrewolves, can't wait, my favorrrite afterrr all is doggy style.

Shit, I can see I am going to walk arrround all day overrr extending all of my arrrz.

Anonymous said...

**Growls**

Grrrr!!!!

Congratulations on your release and also for being the first Black Lace Trilogy writer!

Can't wait to get my hands on it (Which means 2 months as I'm in the UK!)

tetewa said...

pjpkzGotta love those werewolves (GROWL)Congrats on the release!

Kristina Lloyd said...

*Just growl to be entered*

AT, where's the T-shirt?

Huge congrats on the release! Everyone is allowed to be jealous of me because I'm currently reading my very own signed copy! It's a cracking story - sexy, smart, witty and pacey. The dialogue's first class, the characters are alive and I've fallen in love with werewolf hunter, Blake, even though he's clearly trouble and I ought to know better.

There's also quite a lot of bondage and m/f/m. But hey, you know me, I can take or leave all that kinky nonsense.

Ahem.

Also, I've never read a smut book that contains a glossary. And, ooh look, it was updated by Blake. Heck, that man has class. If I pretend to be a werewolf, will he hunt me hard?

Anonymous said...

OH! ME. Me. Me.

I'm SUCH a werewolf ho and I'm being cockblocked just for living in the USA!

Delayed gratification does not ALWAYS build character.

ChristyJan said...

Congrats on the release.

GRRRRRRR

Alison Tyler said...

Just growl to be entered

Clearly, I'm slipping. You're right, KL. Perfect t-shirt if ever there was one. God, I just wrote "pervert t-shirt." Hmmm... can you guess what kind of day I'm having? Or what kind of a night...

XXX,
AT