Friday, September 26, 2008

Love is a Battlefield

IN TOO DEEP - Portia Da Costa



Blurb

It's all in the mind...

Librarian Gwendolynne Price starts finding indecent proposals and sexy stories in her suggestion box every morning. Shocked that they seem to be tailored specifically to her own deepest sexual fantasies, she begins a tantalising relationship with a man she's never met.

At the same time, she's fast getting involved with a man she has met. Superstar historian Professor Daniel Brewster is on sabbatical, researching in the library. The glamorous academic sets women's hearts thudding all over the country, but Gwendolynne is the one he quickly shows an interest in...

Pretty soon however, a relationship of erotic letters and toe-curlingly sensual emails collides with kinky games played in the all too real flesh.

Can Gwendolynne decipher the identity of her mysterious correspondent Nemesis, and will he still be as exciting when unmasked? Can she survive the pain of loving then losing Daniel when his research is over and leaves and moves on?

Or is she tangled in too deep with both men?

In this excerpt, Gwendolynne, becoming increasingly more besotted with Daniel, succumbs to jealousy and picks a fight... while they're in the middle of making love... er, shagging on an old settee in the library's basement!

* * *

‘Who was that woman?’

I can’t believe I just spoke. What the hell is wrong with me? I’m drowning in the most sumptuous sensations, yet still my stupid jealous brain is screwing things up.

Daniel’s eyes fly open, and for a moment, they’re unfocused and hazy. He blinks as if he’s not quite sure who he’s seeing - but I see red. Maybe he’s even fantasising about her? ‘You know, the one with the suit who you were snogging in the lobby.’

He frowns, still scrunching up his eyes, then seems to focus. Letting out an exaggerated sigh, he grips me hard around the waist, bucks up his hips, and jams me down yet more firmly on his erection.

I let out an ‘Oh God!’ and feel as if steam is coming out of my ears. My body is stretched around him, the tension tugging hard on my clit. I forget that any other woman on the earth even exists. There’s only me sitting on Daniel, full of his cock. He thrusts up again, and pulls me down, and it’s not just the decrepit settee that creaks and groans.

‘That woman…’ His voice is low and thrilling. His grip still hard. ‘That woman is my cousin Annie, and she’s the co-owner of the Waverley Hotel. Which is why I’m staying there.’ Consolidating his grip with one hand, he swivels his wrist and slips his other between our bodies, finding my clit and flicking it. My pussy ripples around him and I see stars, my own eyes closing. He flicks me again and I start to come, still confused, still angry.

‘Satisfied?’ he growls, and taking my clitoris neatly between finger and thumb, he squeezes. When he gives my bottom a little slap, I am satisfied… and I come.

A scream bubbles in my throat, but at the last second, I jam my fist in my mouth. Waves and waves of pleasure radiate from my clit where he grips it, holding on delicately even though I’m jerking and writhing all over the place.

He slaps me again, my orgasm surges… I half black out.

I slump forward and for a few minutes, I just crouch over him, draped against his body, my chest heaving, my entire sex fizzing with aftershocks. His arms fold around me, cradling me, exquisitely gentle and tender where before he was domineering. It’s like I’ve been shot into space and now I’m floating down gently on my parachute.

Sex was never like this before.

Maybe I’ve never even had sex before, just some pale and ineffectual simulation of it?

Eventually, I haul in a deep breath. I’ve touched down again. And the most pressing matter I have to deal with right at this moment is the fierce erection that’s still hot and hard inside me.

How on earth can this be? Does the man have superhuman powers? My ex or indeed any of my previous boyfriends would have been finished long since. No way they could have withstood such an exciting ride, because surely it must have been just as hectic for him as it was for me.

And yet here he is, like a rock inside me, but a warm, blood-filled rock that pulsates with the force of his life.

I straighten a little, and look down at him.

The devil!

His smile is a picture. There is the tenderness, I wasn’t mistaken - but shining through that is an infuriating male smugness. A ‘look at me… look at my powers of endurance… you’ll never beat me’ expression, which makes me want to do just that, beat him. I want to overwhelm him into shooting inside me, my helpless slave.

I shove back on his chest, bracing myself, adjusting my position. Then I lift, and crash down again, taking him deeper. My pussy flickers dangerously again, another orgasm only a whisker away, but I get the satisfaction of Daniel’s eye flying wide open. And when I do it again, he lets out a curse that’s more appropriate for a merchant seaman than a highly educated and sophisticated academic.

‘Shush!’ I command him, leaning a little forward again and covering his mouth with my hand.

Then I ride him, I really ride him, lifting up and pounding down on him again and again. Within seconds I’m coming, in a sudden, violent encore, but I work on through it, my body moving on auto while my mind sails among the stars.

And still he resists me, the bastard.

Enough already. I hunker down, squat down really hard on him and clench my glowing sex around his cock. It makes me see those stars again, but I grit my teeth and grip him and work him like I’ve never gripped and worked a man before.

His hands grip my hips, digging into the too, too abundant flesh there, and I feel the tips of his nails threatening my skin. The fuck, he’s still holding out on me! His beautiful face is an icon of strain and stubbornness, the line of his jaw hard as iron, his teeth clenched.

Bugger this!

Still tight on him, I rise up and crash down again.

And two things happen simultaneously. No, three things. No, actually, four…

Daniel snarls another seafaring oath.

He comes, his hips pistoning crazily.

I come again, the pleasure wrung from me almost as if it were pain.

The ancient settee finally succumbs to the punishment we’ve inflicted on it… and the whole thing collapses under us with an almighty crash!



IN TOO DEEP is available to preorder from Amazon.com and NOW from Amazon.co.uk

So, back on Friday 5th September when I did a promo thingie for this fine publication, I said that everyone who commented then *and* today would go in a draw for a copy of ENTERTAING MR STONE and one of SUITE SEVENTEEN... However, have decided to extend the draw to anyone who commented then *or* today ie. more chances to be the winner! If the person whose name comes out of the hat did actually comment on both days, there will be extras though... ;)

So let me know what you think of this slice of simultaneous argument and make-up sex! LOL

Finally, I'd like to thank Wendy the Superlibrarian for pointing me in the direction of the splendid 'Naughty Librarian' pix I've used in this post. Thanks, mate!

I'd also like to thank David Krumholtz aka Professor Charles Eppes from Numb3rs for being so deliciously cute and inspirational.

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab, Portia, look forward to reading the whole thing!

Louisa Harte said...

Hot, hot, hot! Love the rawness of the sex and the dialogue between Gwendolynne and Daniel makes it sizzle. Great work Portia. (And hell, that Naughty Librarian pic is perfect) :-)

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks, Penbleth. :)

Hope the rest of the book lives up to expectations. I think mostly, the furniture survives! LOL

Portia Da Costa said...

Yeah, Louisa, I hadn't realised how much this couple *talk* to each other during sex! Scenes like this are a lot of fun to write, but quite challenging, keeping the action flowing at the same time as dialogue.

Portia Da Costa said...

ps. Wendy the Superlibrarian always manages to find awesome librarian pix! Which I shamelessly borrow from her.

She's a lovely person too, met her at RWA! :)

Vincent Copsey said...

I've already read this, and it's fab!

Nice one, Portia!

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks, Madelynne! Glad you enjoyed it.

How's the writing going today? I should be working hard, but so far, not done much.

Janine Ashbless said...

HOT! And I can't tell you how much I love the Nympho Librarian pic. I shall be sending that one on...

Deanna said...

Wonderful Portia.

Loved the couch collapsing at the end, it added an extra frisson to the scene I was imaging in my head.

The pictures of Proff Hottie were delightful as well!!! I'm a sucker for dark curly locks

Portia Da Costa said...

Yeah, I have Wendy to thank for finding that awesome cover, Janine. But what a hoot it would be to find an actual copy of the book...

Or did I just write it? LOL

Portia Da Costa said...

The next bit is quite funny too, Deanna... :)

And yes, I thought you would like Prof Hottie. I know you have a special fondness for handsome young men with dark curly hair. ;)

Vincent Copsey said...

How's the writing going today? I should be working hard, but so far, not done much.

Immeasurably slowly. Have just clawed my way up to 5.2K.

Portia Da Costa said...

At least you're writing, Madelynne me old mate! Having nearly been run over on a zebra crossing just now, by an old age pensioner, I've returned home to the realisation that I'm developing a migraine!

So no writing done, and a foul mood developing... but will still try to be nice to commenters who drop by!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of sex in the library. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Portia Da Costa said...

I used to work in a library myself many moons ago, tls.

Alas, this scenario never happened to me. No gorgeous visiting professors lurking in the basement, just the caretaker and the county archivist, who just weren't fanceable at all!

Anonymous said...

Whoa... that started my morning off with a bang... Um.. thud...um... man, I think I need to go find my hubby.... LOL

Fantastic setup. I love the librarian and Prof storyline. That alone has this book on my list. Now that I've read an excerpt, ahem, I'll have to scurry to the bookstore.

But first...

April Morelock (foxhawke@aol.com)

Portia Da Costa said...

Wow, April, thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed the excerpt. :)

The minute I started getting into Numb3rs, I knew I would have to write me a cute professor. Maths would have been too obvious, so I made him into a historian. A sexy media type historian who does television programmes and whatnot...

Anonymous said...

Wow, fabulous, I'm throbbing at my desk after reading it, can't wait to read the rest. ;)

Redheadvixen (redheadvixen@yahoo.com)

Portia Da Costa said...

Wahey, Redheadvixen, glad you liked the excerpt. There's quite a bit of naughtiness down in the archives in this book... plus plenty in other locations too. :)

Wendy said...

You're killing me here Portia. I told myself I was not reading the book until closer to the US release date. Damn. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist, and frankly, I don't really want to.

I love, love, love that Nympho Librarian cover! I found it through the image hosting site I use. Couldn't find a record of the book existing on OCLC - but since it looks and reeks of "pulp" that's not all that surprising.

KT Grant said...

WOW! bottom spanking is pretty hot! :D Thanks for making me salivate this Friday!

Portia Da Costa said...

Give in, Wendy, give in!

Seriously though, glad you liked it and were able to condone the unprofessional conduct on library premises. LOL

Shame about the book, how cool would it be to have a copy though?

Portia Da Costa said...

There's plenty more bottom spanking where that came from, Katiebabs! Lots of pervykink and also lurrrve and romance....

Something for everyone! :)

Wendy said...

I'm going to have to give in. This is why I hardly ever read excerpts. Too much temptation!

I would give my right arm to have a copy of the Nympho Librarian. I need to make nice with some pulp fiction collectors. Find out if the book actually exists or if someone is just really good with Photoshop.

Portia Da Costa said...

If you should happen to find multiple copies of Nympho Librarian, Wendy, let me know!

And I hope that the rest of ITD lives up to your expectations! Eek!

Madeline Moore said...

Mahvellous, Portia, simply mahvellous. You never disappoint. I like her pussy 'fizzing'. And I really like the setup, not just the amorous exchange of emails, etc. but also Prof Hottie McHotstuff wooing her in r/l - but for how long? Nice.
Good luck with it, although Portia da Costa doesn't really need luck, because she has something much better - fans!

mary said...

Wow! Can't wait to get my hands on the book!!

Natasha Moore said...

LOVE that excerpt, Portia! Can't wait to read the whole thing. And, OMG< I love this line;
"...it’s not just the decrepit settee that creaks and groans." LOL

And I've already read and loved Entertaining Mr. Stone, so you can give it to someone else to enjoy.

Portia Da Costa said...

Hi Madeline! Thanks ever so much! And yes, it was enormous fun juggling both of Gwendolynne's relationships... each as daring in their own way. ;)

Portia Da Costa said...

Mary, you'll be pleased to know that Robert Stone makes one or two relatively brief but telling appearances in this book. And so does Valentino! :)

Portia Da Costa said...

Glad you enjoyed the excerpt, Natasha! I don't know what prompted me to make the settee quite so dilapidated... just one of those writing things that come to you on the spur of the moment. :)

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Whoo! ::fans self:: That's a terrific excerpt!

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks, Dayle! Glad you liked it! :)

Samantha said...

I love sexy librarian stories. Cause I used to work in a library as an assistant librarian :)

Unknown said...

What a delicious excerpt1! Can't wait to read this!

Anonymous said...

I just love your writing Portia. The Black Lace girls really know how to write great sex. This scene came alive for me and the hero is sexsational.

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks, Samantha! It's amazing how many people I know who either work in libraries or have worked in them. It's donkey's years since I worked as a librarian though. Had to check stuff with buddies who currently work in Brit libraries.

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks Kate! :)

Must admit this was a hoot of a scene to write.

Portia Da Costa said...

Hi Cathleen!

An so glad you liked the hero. This was the first time in a few books that I didn't use the divine Vincenzo as a template. Not that I've gone off him... it's just that I'm really into Charlie/David too! :)

Dawn Montgomery said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this one, Portia! The excerpt was just as hot and tempting as you'd promised.

:) Lovely picture. He is verra inspirational.

Portia Da Costa said...

He's so cute, isn't he, Dawn? :)

Thanks for your kind words about the excerpt.