by Madelynne Ellis
I thought we'd have a bit of fun here on Lust Bites today (not that we don't normally have fun). Here's the deal everyone taking part gets to choose seven (not two, or nine, or eleven, or twenty-seven) men with whom they'd like to be locked in the Lust Bites dungeon. That's one for each day of the week folks. (Note: I suppose we can cope with the odd woman or minotaur if you must... Janine.)
Right other rules.
1. The "men" must be fictional characters, whether from books, stage, film, comics, or video games. Please state their name and film/book/other that they appear in and your reason for picking them.
2. Nobody is allowed to choose the same character as somebody else. If you are desperate, you can appeal to do a swap. I suggest you go in there armed with a suitably HUGE bribe.
3. You're not allowed to nominate one of your own creations. Guess I can cross Vaughan (A Gentleman's Wager & Phantasmagoria) off my list now, then. Shame, I'm sure he'd have been great fun.
4. Links to piccies are always appreciated.
5. I don't know... you could always tell us what you're going to do with them.
Okay, down to business. Since it's my post I get to go first. Ohhhh, who shall I have? Will it be someone somebody else wants? How obscure shall I get?
Do you know what... this is hard... There are so-oooooooo many! I think I need a long list before I cut them down to the final six. Here goes, Lucifer (Dawn), Ross Poldark (Poldark novels), Doyle (Merry Gentry books), Phobos (WITCH), Jerry Cornelius (Various Michael Morcock books), Vishous (Black Dagger Brotherhood), Riddick (Pitch Black), Legolas (LOTR books), Fingolfin (The Silmarillion), Gene Hunt (Life on Mars), The Warlock (Warlock), Brian Slade (Velvet Goldmine), Mark Brydon (The State Within), Admiral Bill Adama (Battlestar Galactica), Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter books), El Mariachi (Desperado), Lord Wraxhall (Lord Wraxhall's Fancy), Benten (Cyber City), Z-man (Beyond the Valley of the Dolls).
Phew! What a lot of men I like. Okay, drum roll, here are my chosen companions in the Lust Bites Dungeon.
1. Jareth the Goblin King (Labyrinth). It doesn't matter how many times I've seen this film, I still sit at the end yelling "take it" when he offers Sarah her dreams. Baby brother vs Goblin King. I know which one wins in my book, and it isn't the baby.
2. Sephiroth (FFVII/Advent Children/Crisis Core) because he's so damn cool he's untrue, I've a burning urge to run my fingers through his hair, and I'm fascinated by the whole one-winged angel thing.
3. Captain Jack Harkness (Dr Who/Torchwood). Hmm, I suspect I may get a few offers for him. I just love his sense of humour, and he's incredibly inventive.
4. Kai the undead assassin (Lexx). Loyal, deadly, and erm... dead. Perhaps, I'd better skip over this one. He delivers some super monologues though, and he can sing!
5. Ian Nottingham (Witchblade). Hmm, another assassin. Haven't seen the TV series, but I love this character in the original comic storyline. Noble, loyal, powerful, ace swordsman and curiously submissive on occasion.
6. Vicomte de Valmont (Les Liaisons Dangereus). I have to say it was a close run fight between him and Lord Wraxhall. They're quite alike really. Two preening peacocks. Style is important in my dungeon.
Hmm, so those are my choices. I have noticed that I seem to gravitate towards deadly raving lunatics, with vastly superior intellects, but who also happen to be extremely pretty. Not sure what that says about me. As for what I'm going to do with them once I have them in my dungeon... Sit back and watch them fight it out, of course. My mile wide self preservation streak won't actually let me go anywhere near them, although that might be a tad difficult if we're all locked in a dungeon. One to think on...