Saturday, July 14, 2007

Something for the Weekend

As a bit of Saturday sauce for your reading pleasure, may I present a hot mini excerpt from my forthcoming new title from Total-E-Bound, available on 23rd July!

OBJECT OF DESIRE
by Portia Da Costa



The blurby bit....

When Sylvia sees her new upstairs neighbour doing Tai Chi in the communal garden of their apartment building, she immediately knows she wants to do far more than borrow a cup of sugar from him. Nathaniel Gowen is everything she wants in a man and more—handsome, sexy, mature and mysterious—and she’s trying desperately to think of a casual way to introduce herself to the man who haunts her erotic dreams and fantasies.

But then one day, he comes knocking at her door…

The hot stuff...

Sylvia is having difficulty telling fantasy from reality....

And now, this is the shadowed room. I close my eyes and Nathaniel Gowen appears before me, in my fantasy. He's wearing his dark workout clothes, but as I watch he pulls the thin cotton top off over his head, drops it, and then steps out of his trousers, baring his magnificent rock-hard body.

He wants me. In my fantasy, he really wants me. His prick is just as I imagined it, on the rise, and almost erect.

I squirm on the bed, and he advances towards me, his dark eyes glinting.

I know it's just me here, a horny woman dreaming of her lust object, but when I begin to touch myself again, it really seems like him.

Trying to pace myself, I begin by stroking my throat, the lines of my collar bone, and my chest. The contact is light, as I know his would be. Those slow Tai Chi moves tell me he understands rhythm, control, an agonisingly measured rise to pleasure. He's not a smash and grab man, he's a sexual aesthete, a connoisseur. His fingers are spread and the pads glide slowly over my skin, dipping beneath the edge of my white cotton work blouse in a search for bare, hot skin.

Impatient suddenly, I wrench open the buttons. I'm not Nathaniel Gowen, alas, and I don't have the patience and finesse I imagine he possesses. Surely he wouldn't pull and wrench at my bra the way I'm doing? Surely he wouldn't push it up crudely so he could cup and squeeze my breasts?

Steady, woman, steady…

I imagine his caress, sweet and light, strumming my nipples with infinite precision. His fingertips encircle me, while his long flat thumb flicks and flicks, in tiny echoing circles. His touch is leisurely, and yet there's purpose in there too. I sense his goal, the one I yearn for. Total pleasure.

And as the ghost of Nathaniel Gowen fondles me, he kisses me too. His lips possess mine, then voyage sweetly and thoroughly over my skin. He kisses my cheek, my jaw and my throat, the touch of his tongue as neat and clever as his hand on my breast.

For a while I lie there, playing with my breast, lost in a dream, a dream that could be real if I could only summon the courage. My desire rises, and somehow I seem to rise with it, drifting upwards through the building, seeking the tall dark elegant object of my secret longing.

The barely lit room we're in now is his room. Dimly I picture it quiet, subdued and austere. Only in his wide white bed is there wildness. Only tangled in his cool white sheets is there heat and passion.

I'm writhing now. Touching myself more and more, convincing myself that it's him… His large hand drifts over my belly, then slithers inside my panties, momentarily probing my navel then moving on downwards. He pats my bush with tips of his fingers, then sweeps on in…

Oh!

I know it's me really, but I squeeze my eyes shut, willing away reality. The finger on my clit transforms from my narrow, polish-tipped digit into one much larger with a square yet well-kept nail. He exerts pressure, just on the sweet spot, and I gasp and wriggle. He slides his other hand beneath my bottom, touching me there.

I want to rub hard. I want to rush and grasp at my orgasm, but I know I'll regret it. My greedy hurry just isn't his way, and I'll shatter the spell.

There's no need for impatience, there's no need to rush. I have all night. I have my privacy. In my dreams, I have him.

----------------------

This fine piece of literature [tee hee] is available in its short but sweet and hot entirety from Total-E-Bound on 23rd July 2007... but with a different cover, of course... ;)

Here's the URL again...

Lots of love and have a great weekend!

Portia Da Costa
who knows she's obsessed, but likes it that way.

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fantastic Portia! Another winner on your list!

I can't wait to get it.

Woohoo!!! Celebrate.

Ally said...

Mmm... That swept me off to a sweet place. Very nice fantasy. My favorate pastime.

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks, guys! So glad you liked it!

And thanks for taking the trouble to comment... :)

Vincent Copsey said...

Lovely, Wendy! I hope the new venture with TEB goes well.

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks, Madelynne! Glad you enjoyed the snippet... It was fun to write, and I guess we all know who Nathaniel bears a resemblance to... ;)

Antonia Pearce said...

Oooh, my goodness, Portia! I think my monitor is starting to melt! Excellent excerpt! *fans self* Wonderful job! Congratulations on the new story and the new venture!

Thank you for sharing!

Anne Tourney said...

I love the references to Tai Chi in this slowly tantalizing scene. There really is something so arousing about a man who's in control of his body, his mind, and his surroundings. Let's hear it for the mature, deliciously seasoned lovers out there!

mary said...

Looks good is the ebook the only way to get this one? I don't have good luck with downloads these days.

Portia Da Costa said...

Hi Antonia

I hope your monitor is still in one piece! Seriously though, I'm so glad you enjoyed the extract...

Love

WendyPortia

Portia Da Costa said...

Mmmm... yes, Anne... those slow moves...

I really enjoyed writing about a grown up hero, who's in control sometimes... but at other times, not so much. :)

Portia Da Costa said...

Hi vpdzoo...

At the moment, Object of Desire is just an ebook, as it's a bit to short for a print run.

But TEB do offer a number of different formats, so maybe one of them will be better for you than the others?

Jeannie said...

This is great Portia!!! I will have to get this one too. I love your erotic writing, it is really the best and hope you never have a dry spell because then I would have nothing to read. Thanks again!!!

Portia Da Costa said...

Wow, thanks, Jeannie! How kind of you...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the extract and I hope the full story lives up to its promise.

I have a few things ahead in the pipeline, so no need to worry yet! :)

val said...

You make it so easy to fill in the blanks, Wendy. Your finger is right on our pulse!

Portia Da Costa said...

Oh God, Val! I love that line...

'your finger is right on our pulse'

Glad you enjoyed the excerpt! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVED IT, Portia!!

I just this minute finished "Mr Stone" and wandered over to the computer (on somewhat shaky legs, I might add!!) to read this excerpt and loved that, too!!

It's a must have for sure!

Love your work,

Rose

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks for stopping by to read the excerpt and leave a comment, Rose... I'm so happy you like it... and Mr Stone too of course. :)

Angel said...

I know I'm late to the party...but I have to say, I just love the way you write. You make it so real, I can hear the words inside my own head, put myself in the place of the character.

You're fantastic.

Madeline Moore said...

It's taken me awhile to get here but I, too, want to say that your words flow so naturally and elegantly off the page. I can only hope pracise makes perfect...

Portia Da Costa said...

Madeline! Gwen!

Thank you so much for your kind and generous comments. I value them, *and* the comments of everyone else who's taken the trouble to leave a message here more than you can possibly know.

I was on the point of doing something rather rash... but now I won't. Thanks to you all! You're all diamonds!

Debbie Mumford said...

Nice one, Portia!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Whew!!!! Awesome excerpt. You nailed that scene. (No pun intended. Really).

P. Robinson said...

Now that is a hot excerpt! Wow woman, I think I drooled on my keyboard.
Kissa

Merry said...

That's a great excerpt! Brightened up a sloooow afternoon.

Portia Da Costa said...

Wow, Debbie, Jennifer, Kissa and Merry... glad to know you enjoyed my humble offering. :)

And hope your keyboard still works, Kissa... LOL

Jenna Allen said...

Tai Chi...hmmm...

Good job, girl!

Erin Gordon said...

Hmmm Let me go take my cold shower now.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE ARE OUT OF COLD WATER?????

That was great!

Makes me remember what men are good for, though :)

Eva Gale said...

I had a boyfriend that used to do his katas on my back porch. Very hot indeed.

Love the excerpt, and blogged it.

Anonymous said...

Portia - very nice, pulled me right in and kept me there. Really like the fantasy and holy moly! he's hot!! Good job!!